Everyone has moments where they procrastinate, but do you know what the sign’s are? I read a great article today that got me thinking. Do you know what he’s in your way of completing tasks? What are your blocks? Do you know how to set time sensitive object goals? Here is a great list of signs of the procrastination.
Compulsive procrastinators may not have all the signs listed here, but if you identify with many of these characteristics, you are probably a compulsive procrastinator.
- Disappointment is a way of life. We constantly disappoint other people and ourselves by not keeping our promises.
- We have enormous difficulty getting started on new projects, or transitioning from one project to another.
- We have a very poor sense of time, chronically underestimating or overestimating how long a task will take us to complete.
- We have difficulty organizing projects by breaking them down into steps; we don’t know where to start, even when we’re willing to start.
- We are surrounded by clutter and disorganization in our homes and work spaces.
- We are regularly late for appointments.
- We are acutely aware of what we should be doing, or think we should be doing, and oddly out of touch with what we actually want and need.
- We feel uncomfortable saying “no” to requests from others, and instead express our resentment through the passive resistance of procrastination.
- We suffer from Demand Resistance, causing us to do anything and everything except the one thing we most need to do.
- We are short-term thinkers, focusing on short-term pleasure while ignoring long-term well-being.
If any of these possibly relate to you a great way to manage them is to work with a Certified Life Coach!
Love and Pink Light